Clean Subversion/Apache setup for Windows
+ styling and account admin for any platform
Repos Server installer was developed to quickly configure a robust http Subversion server on Windows.
You'll have the repository up and running in ten minutes.
Later when you want to customize the setup, there is annotated Apache configuration files.
- Everything is open-source
- Configuration is portable: use on any platform with Apache+PHP+Subversion
- Includes Repos Style with a simple web based log viewer
- Web based user administration with Useradmin and PHP
- Tools are also portable: User atministration GUI etc. run just as well in a Linux server's DocumentRoot
- The bundled official distributions are intact and cleanly separated
- Nothing is added to the Windows folder
- New separate download with styling and user admin to drop into Subversion webservers on any platform
Download – Release notes – Mailing list
Repos Server 3.0
- Repositories are now configured with "parent path" by default
- Simplified upgrades (installation settings are remembered after uninstall)
- PHP 5.3.1
- Added Python 2.5 with Subversion bindings, for utility scripts.
Also this lets you run Repos Search fulltext indexing.
Repos Server 2.6.2
- ReposStyle 2.3
- Subversion 1.6.6
- Apache 2.2.14
- PHP 5.2.12
Repos Server 2.6.1
- Subversion 1.6.1
- PHP 5.2.9-2
Repos Server 2.6.0
Repos Server 2.5.1
- Apache 2.2.11
- Subversion 1.5.6
- PHP 5.2.9-1
- ReposStyle 2.0
- SSL certificate generation now stores the Certificate Signing Request
so it can be used at a Certificate Authority. Current authority's certificate
is now available for import to browsers at /ca.crt
Repos Server 2.4.1
Repos Server 2.4.0
Repos Server 2.3.2
- Apache 2.2.9
- Updated apache/conf/httpd-ssl.conf. It now has the same include for shared entries that httpd.conf has.
Repos Server 2.3.1
- Using the official Apache binaries again. Those who need mod_perl can easily switch to apachelounge's apache and mod_dav_svn.
- PHP 5.2.6
- ZendOptimizer 3.3.3
Repos Server 2.3
- Reworked the installer source for better modularization
- Repos Style 1.5
- Useradmin 0.9.1
Repos Server 2.2
- The new Apache release 2.2.8
- Using the Apachelounge distribution, with support for mod_perl and mod_security (not installed by default)
Repos Server 2.1.1
2008-01-09 2.1 with two bugfixes.
- Fixed duplicate installation of html contents, removing 'repos' completely
- Fixed missing repos-web in log viewer.
Repos Server 2.1
2007-12-21 Repos Server with the new Subversion 1.4.6 and a folder structure that better supports SVNParentPath.
- Upgraded to Subversion 1.4.6, still with Apache 2.2.6
- Upgraded to PHP 5.2.5
- Removed "-repository" from repository folder to make it easier to use SVNParentPath
- Upgraded to Repos Style 1.3 at location
repos-web to allow use of SVNParentPath at Location
Repos Server 2.0.1
2007-09-25 Upgraded to Apache 2.2.6 with OpenSSL 0.9.8e.
This new Apache release contains a number of security fixes.
Also removed the "extras" and "dev" folder from the PHP folder to save space.
The installer size is now back below 10 MB.
Repos Server 2.0
2007-09-19 WASP – Windows, Apache, Subversion and PHP.
We now consider Apache 2.2 and PHP 5 mature and stable.
Repos Server 2.0, available in the download section, is a complete upgrade of all components.
- Apache 2.2.4 with OpenSSL
- PHP 5.2.4 with Zend Optimizer 3.3.0
- Subversion 1.4.5
- Switched to Useradmin for account management.
Currently version 0.8.
Repos Server 1.2.1
Maintenance release 2007-05-27, installer build 22.214.171.124
- Fixed an issue with wrong root Directory path in httpd.conf. Now Indexes option is enabled again.
- Fixed issue REPOSW-14: Missing MSVCR71.DLL during installation
- Fixed issue REPOSW-9: Remove ignoreversion flag (effective since 1.2.0)
- Fixed issue REPOSW-12: PHP ZendOptimizer path should not contain version number
Repos Server 1.2
Released 2007-05-15, installer build 126.96.36.199
- Web based Subversion log viewer, using PHP and XSLT
- ZendOptimizer 3.2.8
- Open source icons added to the web based repository viewer
Repos Server 1.1
Released 2007-01-27, installer build 188.8.131.52
- Subversion release 1.4.3
- Tools for backup servers, cURL and wget
- Reduced download size, 9325 kb
- Windows 2000, XP or later
- Administration access
- An address (IP-number or hostname, preferrably hostname) that your organization can use to access the server in a browser
» Download latest version at .
Sourceforge is the primary download location, containing
Web interface only
Download the platform independent Subversion http host contents at
To upgrade an existing installation: first run the uninstaller, then run the downloaded installer.
Repositories and settings files will be kept at uninstall.
During the new install you will be prompted to select if existing files should be overwritten
(do so if you don't have customizations).
First of all, obviously, make sure your repository backup is up to date.
Changing html root
If you edit static web contents in the html folder, you might want to place it somewhere outside the programs folder.
It is quite simple: move the
html folder to somewhere else; open Apache Configuration (
DocumentRoot and the second
Directory entry a few lines down with the new path.
We could have bundled a relational database with the installer,
but Apache has nothing to do with database connections.
All you need is to enable the php extension and use the default port in the database installation.
- Download MySQL Windows Essentials from mysql.com.
- Run the installer with standard configuration (or tweak the settings as you like).
- In PHP.ini (see Repos Server in the Start menu), uncomment
- Restart Apache and you're done. Optionally download
and unpack to your HTML folder.
With separate installations you don't need to worry about database upgrades when there is a new Repos Server version.
The server is based on proven software: Apache HTTP Server and Subversion.
Like these components, it is distributed under an open source license,
the Apache License 2.0.
This means that it is free to download and free to use, and that it comes without warranties.
The source code is version controlled here.
Your feedback is appreciated.
Please use the mailing list.
An extra benefit of joining the mailing list is that you will get notified about new releases.
© 2006-2009 reposserver.com